About the ATD Scholarship Program
Every year, FCHCC along with our donors, awards promising Hispanic students scholarships to continue their education. Students must qualify and complete an application and send transcripts which a selection committee reviews to select deserving recipients.
The winning students will be formerly awarded at the Hispanic Heritage Gala in the Fall. FCHCC is very proud of all our applicants!
Criteria for Applying
The Achieving The Dream Scholarship is for students of Hispanic/Latino descent who are pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree and meet the following criteria: (Also, note DACA students are eligible to apply.)
Criteria for Scholarship:
- Financial Need – 30%
- Academic Transcripts and Grades – 25 (Minimum GPA 3.0)
- Finalist Interview – 15%
- Letters of recommendation (2) – 10%
- Essay – 10%
- Extracurricular Activities/Community Involvement and Honors and Awards – 10%
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident only
- Pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- At least one parent or grandparent of Hispanic/Latino origin from a Spanish speaking country
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- A resident of one of the five counties listed: Duval, Baker, St. Johns, Clay, and Nassau
- Completed FAFSA to determine financial need
Commitments after Receiving Scholarship:
- Thank you letter to donors (within 30 days)
- Encourage to volunteer with FCHCC
- Encourage to post in social media about ATD and FCHCC events
- Become a member of FCHCC
- Attendance at the Gala Event
Achieving the Dream Scholarship
For Additional Questions:
Send an email.
ATD Has Grown Over the Years
Follow past years of how ATD has grown. Click here to visit the ATD Media Room.
Read Our ATD Success Stories
Some of our past Achieving the Dream Recipients have written how receiving the scholarship has impacted their lives. You can read their stories by clicking here!