Leaders in the Hispanic Community Awarded and Honored for their Achievements
July 14, 2016 – JACKSONVILLE, FL – The First Coast Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (FCHCC) held their first Excellence in Business Awards Breakfast to recognize leaders in the Hispanic community and celebrate their accomplishments. On Thursday, July 14, The University Club was filled with key influencers in the community to include the founding fathers of FCHCC who were also honored for their achievements. Mayor Lenny Curry also stopped by to welcome attendees and deliver the community leader message.
The 2016 Excellence in Business Awards are as follows:
- Business Advocate Award – Winner: Small Business Administration
- Rising Star Award – Winner: Andrea Reyes
- Up and Coming Business of the Year – Winner: Mi Pueblo 2
- Business Leader of the Year – Winner: Dr. Rene Pulido
- Small Business of the Year – Winner: Brunet-Garcia Advertising
- Corporate Business of the Year – Winner: AT&T
- Diversity Impact Award – Winner: Arlene Ortiz
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Winner: Tomas Jimenez
Keynote speaker, Pegine Echevarria, sponsored by the Jacksonville Women’s Business Center, delivered an impactful and motivating message. The breakfast awards was also sponsored by PQH Group Design, Comcast and Rebecca Black Immigration Law. Lorena Inclan with Action News JAX emceed the inaugural event.
A full list of the winners and bios can be viewed here.
The First Coast Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (FCHCC) was created to encourage and promote sound, ethical and successful business practices in the Hispanic community and to further the recognition of Hispanic heritage and culture through educational endeavors. The mission of the FCHCC is to positively impact the regional economy by creating value, promoting and facilitating the success of Hispanic-owned businesses and by engaging the community at large. For more information about the First Coast Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, visit fchcc.com.
Media Contact: Madelene Skinner
Phone: (904) 346-1118